All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 06, 2008 12:31PM
Search Underway for Missing Snowboarders Near Yosemite National Park
Date: February 5, 2008

A search is underway in and around Yosemite National Park for three snowboarders who were reported missing when they failed to meet their ride near the community of Yosemite West, close to the park's western boundary. Their planned route was reportedly from 2/10th of a mile south of the Yosemite West junction on the Wawona Road to the community of Yosemite West.

The three snowboarders were reported missing at about 4:30 pm on Monday. The search was initiated at that point, with ground searchers in the area until midnight. Tracks matching their description have been seen in the area.

As of this morning, teams of searchers from Yosemite National Park and Mariposa County Search and Rescue (SAR) have been called to aid in the search. Air resources are being used as well.

February 06, 2008 12:32PM
Snowboarders Found in Yosemite National Park
Date: February 5, 2008

Three snowboarders, missing since Monday afternoon, were located by helicopter spotters at around 2:00pm near the South Fork of the Merced River. All three were responsive and walked to the helicopter on their own. Their condition will be further assessed as they come out.

A total of over 65 Search and Rescue personnel from Yosemite National Park and Mariposa County have been searching the area since yesterday.

February 06, 2008 05:29PM
This story raised an eyebrow for me, I'm planning a hike into Mariposa Grove from the south entrance station on Feb. 16 or 17 and if three experienced snowboarders have trouble, what about lil ol me his first time on snowshoes?

Good to see they were located, I wonder what their story is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login