Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

OK- Delays; which way to go?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

OK- Delays; which way to go?
March 14, 2008 08:01PM
Got rezzies next weekend- from the SF Bay area 120 and 140 are exactly the same time-wise (we prefer the scenery of El Portal). The website claims 30 minute delays on 120, and 45 minutes on 140. Will be arriving at sundown, so the quicker the better. Any advice? Eeek? J.

avatar Re: OK- Delays; which way to go?
March 15, 2008 01:28AM
Both roads are subject to the construction delays at The Narrows:

Monday through Saturday - 30 minute delays from 6 am until 10 pm
Sunday through Thursday nights - closure from 10 pm until 6 am with one opening at 11 pm

The only alternative is highway 41.

Re: OK- Delays; which way to go?
March 16, 2008 10:53PM
When I was there late in February, the construction was right at the junction of 140/120, so it stands to reason the delay would be the same. I guess there's also the slide detour on 140 which can add a few minutes, but that one's nothing compared to the wait at the valley.

Since it had snowed a lot and I couldn't stay at the campground, I thought I'd give Mariposa some business so stayed and ate there, heading into the valley in the mornings. I got nearly the full half hour delay every time but once, so they're not kidding.

So unless they're working a different spot, it won't matter if you take 120 or 140.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
Re: OK- Delays; which way to go?
March 17, 2008 04:55PM
Thanks for the report Gary- there are worse places to sit in your car for half an hour, right? J.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login