Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

For photographers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 17, 2008 04:28PM
April 17, 2008 07:10PM
Very good resource for those looking for a unique shot. Too bad I won't be there anywhere close to during a full moon
April 17, 2008 07:45PM
dqniel wrote:

> Very good resource for those looking for a unique shot.

Do you really think it'll be unique? I'm better on a wee crowd.

Re: For photographers
April 17, 2008 09:01PM
eeek wrote:
> Do you really think it'll be unique? I'm better on a wee crowd.
>

"Unique" and "original" photos, not by a longshot; it's still fun to go there and see it if you're there around that time.

You can get OK photos of it if you can avoid all the flashes from people trying to take a photo with a point and shoot autoflash cameras. Focusing is tricky because it's dark. The best I could do last year was
http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/image/80059008
but I hadn't prepared very well for it, besides the fact that last year the falls were mediocre in size at that time of year (the rainbow in that pic is considerably more vivid than anything you really saw, I guess the camera brings it out more as it collects it over time).

Every time a gust of wind hit, the crowd would "ooooh", and "aaaaah" as even a flicker of a rainbow was visible, it was kind of funny. I'm sure it's better on wetter years.

I wouldn't go there for just that, and certainly not for an "original" photo, but if you're already there at that time of year, might as well, and it's fun to try for a photo of it.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login