Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Dog Tired Rescue on the Bridge to Nowhere Trail

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Dog Tired Rescue on the Bridge to Nowhere Trail
July 31, 2011 04:30PM
A dog and its owners were airlifted early Sunday morning after Baxter the dog was too sore and tired to make the five mile hike back from the Bridge To Nowhere Trail. At about 10:30PM Saturday, San Dimas Sheriff's deputies received a report of a San Diego couple who had not returned from a hike with their dog. They did not have overnight clothing or supplies, as they had only anticiated a day hike.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/4715081/
avatar Re: Dog Tired Rescue on the Bridge to Nowhere Trail
July 31, 2011 07:07PM
August 01, 2011 12:20AM
szalkowski
It's a well-known SoCal hike:

And it's not one for summer.
Re: Dog Tired Rescue on the Bridge to Nowhere Trail
August 05, 2011 11:03PM
That's crazy. No way I would have expected to have them airlift my dog. I would have walked out, and found some kind of stretcher or something. Who pays for the SAR team? Do the people get billed?
August 06, 2011 04:58PM
hotrod4x5
That's crazy. No way I would have expected to have them airlift my dog. I would have walked out, and found some kind of stretcher or something. Who pays for the SAR team? Do the people get billed?

I read about it. SAR did have the proper equipment to bring the dog out out, but apparently they suffered injuries along the way that kept them from using it.

I found this. I haven't had a listen to the LA County Sheriff's Dept spokesman, but I'm going to listen now.

Dog days of hiking: How far should we go for man’s best friend?
http://www.scpr.org/programs/patt-morrison/2011/08/01/20112/dog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login