Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Glacier Point Road

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 28, 2008 03:18PM
The Glacier Point Road is scheduled to open on May 2nd (weather permitting).

April 28, 2008 04:46PM
Great!

I plan on visiting next weekend 5/3/08. Perfect timing!

Post Edited (04-28-08 16:46)
April 28, 2008 04:47PM
Lisa wrote:

> I plan on visiting next weekend 5/3/08. Perfect timing!

I just got back. Bad timing for me. Guess I'll just have to go again winking smiley

April 29, 2008 11:44AM
Cool, I'm headed there this weekend. I wonder if this means the 4 mile trail will be open...

Anyone know where the approximate snow line is? If the 4MT is closed, I may try to do Yosemite Falls trail to North Dome, but I don't want to trudge through snow once I get up to the rim.

April 29, 2008 12:16PM
Plan your departure leaving enough time to get to North Dome and then make the trek to the top of the falls. Continue on and if the snow gets too bad turn back. You will have had a great hike getting to the top of the falls and maybe even further on.

Old Dude
April 30, 2008 12:22PM
Glacier Point Road to Open in Yosemite National Park (2008)
Date: April 29, 2008

Yosemite National Park Superintendent Mike Tollefson announced today that the Glacier Point Road is expected to open to visitors Friday, May 2, 2008 at noon. Glacier Point is located about 30 miles from Yosemite Valley off the Wawona Road, the section of State Highway 41 inside the park. Restrooms along the road and the Glacier Point Snack Stand will be open to visitors on Friday as well. Additionally, the Mariposa Grove Road opened on April 26, 2008 for vehicles under 24 feet in length and under 7 tons. These temporary restrictions are due to continuing wet and icy conditions on the road.

No date has been determined for the opening of Bridalveil Creek Campground.

Roadways may be wet due to ice and melting snow and wildlife is very active on the Glacier Point Road. Visitors are advised to drive with caution.

An opening date for the Tioga Road (Highway 120 outside the park) which crosses the Sierra Nevada through Yosemite National Park, has yet to be determined.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login