Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Lower falls at Yellowstone--3 guys in suits--Can't make this up

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lower falls at Yellowstone--3 guys in suits--Can't make this up
August 02, 2011 05:46PM
This one made me laugh. Looks like what a politician would wear when traveling to a National Park. Brink of Lower Falls is not too far from the rim--but a tie--could you not loosen it a bit?

http://www.yellowstone.co/wwwboard/messages/8791.htm
August 02, 2011 05:53PM
If some people have their way, that is what the top of Vernal and Nevada would look like.
August 02, 2011 06:36PM
Hotrod, you make an interesting point. Look at the fence at lower falls, not much different from that of Vernal. Indeed, about 20-30 feet from the river, the fence ends. When there last year, I remember going back up with my son (no fence to our left), when a woman fell coming down--she was on my left, close to the river. That aside, I do not believe there are many people attempting to get into the river--unlike Vernal. If I figure out how to post photos, have a shot of lower falls brink/river with no fence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 07:34PM by Jalan.
avatar Re: Lower falls at Yellowstone--3 guys in suits--Can't make this up
August 02, 2011 06:07PM
Jalan
This one made me laugh. Looks like what a politician would wear when traveling to a National Park. Brink of Lower Falls is not too far from the rim--but a tie--could you not loosen it a bit?

Please tell us that one can drive to this location!!

Old Dude
August 02, 2011 06:14PM
mrcondron
Jalan

600 ft decent, 3/4 mile.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 06:17PM by hotrod4x5.
August 03, 2011 06:44AM
hotrod4x5
mrcondron
Jalan

600 ft decent, 3/4 mile.

Bet the jacket & ties came off on the way back up.
August 02, 2011 07:25PM
Jalan
How old were they? If youngsters in white shirts, black pants, I'd say they were Mormon missionaries.
August 03, 2011 08:51AM
Dave
Jalan
How old were they? If youngsters in white shirts, black pants, I'd say they were Mormon missionaries.

One of them has graying hair. The black pants match the profile though, but I've almost always seen white short sleeved shirts. I don't see any name tags.

I've been to athletic contests where there was a "Mormon Day". I've seen almost entire sections with young men wearing the identical short sleeve dress shirt and black pants setup.
August 03, 2011 09:31AM
y_p_w

One of them has graying hair. The black pants match the profile though, but I've almost always seen white short sleeved shirts. I don't see any name tags.

I've been to athletic contests where there was a "Mormon Day". I've seen almost entire sections with young men wearing the identical short sleeve dress shirt and black pants setup.

Just last month at AT&T Park in San Francisco: Mormon Night with the Giants

Leave No Trace
August 03, 2011 10:20PM
I saw the same thing at the top of Upper Yosemite Fall on July 11. Right as I reached the top of the trail (a bit beyond the swinging metal gate), a young man dressed in a longsleeve white dress shirt + tie & slacks passed me, headed down.
Probably a missionary of some sort. I was impressed to say the least.
August 04, 2011 08:55AM
Here is the brink of lower falls outside the fenced area. Similar to what you see at vernal.

August 04, 2011 09:35AM
Not really. At Vernal, you'll actually see people in the water. Embaressed
August 04, 2011 04:56PM
plawrence
Not really. At Vernal, you'll actually see people in the water. Embaressed

For a short while.no, stop, enough!

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login