Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Pulpit Rock, Norway's "Half Dome"

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Pulpit Rock, Norway's "Half Dome"
August 12, 2011 06:19PM
avatar Re: Pulpit Rock, Norway's "Half Dome"
August 12, 2011 07:02PM
Can you see it from Turlock?
August 12, 2011 07:07PM
eeek
Can you see it from Turlock?

No, but you can see it from Türlock (Norway). wink
August 12, 2011 09:11PM
One tongue-in-cheek reply is that Turlock has a lot of Swedes and at least one Norwegian high school coach who delights in saying, "Ten thousand Swedes went running through the weeds, pursued by one Norwegian."

If there is indeed a Turlock in Norway/Sweden, I wonder what it translates to; "Turlock" is 'dry lake' in Irish Gaelic.
August 18, 2011 04:28PM
Have any of you ever seen Half Dome from the Turlock area, or more specifically, Hall Road?
August 19, 2011 07:04AM
SierraGold
Have any of you ever seen Half Dome from the Turlock area, or more specifically, Hall Road?

Yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFX4LR7-u6Y

Old Dude
August 12, 2011 09:39PM
EEEK already had me interested in taking another trip this year to YNP simply to travel 800 feet or so to Sierra Point (and now interested in going up the Eagle Creek Watershed) when Norway now looks a bit pleasing. Plenty of pics and info on the Pulpit Rock--here are a few from flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldwalker/64943319/in/photostream/. Given my many postings tonight, not much going on in Ohio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login