All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 16, 2008 11:24AM
i took my wife there for breakfast there recently. i had never eaten there before until then, i have wanted to for a long time, but never got around to it.

we had breakfast... we got lucky and were seated at a window with a nice view. the service was very good, but the food was mediocore imo. what you're paying for is the fact that you are eating at the Ahwahnee Hotel and having that experience, but if you're there because you think the food is 5 star rated, you'll be disappointed.

unless lunch or dinner is different, i wasn't impressed with the food. it was still a nice atmosphere though (for those who want an nice time with your wife or girlfriend etc).

we paid $18.00 each for the breakfast buffet.

Post Edited (05-16-08 11:24)

Like I always say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".

My Yosemite Blog: http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/
May 16, 2008 02:26PM
I've had breakfast there. I didn't feel like having the breakfast buffet so I just ordered the basic breakfast (eggs, toast, potatoes) with coffee. I think it turned out to be $11 with tax. The food itself wasn't any better than I'd find at a greasy spoon diner, but the service was top notch. I didn't even have to ask for a coffee refill or more water, and I never felt like I was looked down on for ordering the least expensive item on the menu. I went during winter, so the crowd was small and everyone was seated within 20 ft of the window. You're paying for the service and the location.

I understand dinner is different though. I've never tried getting reservations. I have eaten at the Mountain Room at Yosemite Lodge. That's decent food with above average prices.

Post Edited (05-16-08 14:26)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login