Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Chilnualna Falls to Glacier Point via Buena Vista Pass

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Chilnualna Falls to Glacier Point via Buena Vista Pass
May 27, 2008 09:25PM
My friends and I are going to be doing a 3 day backpacking trip in Yosemite from June 14th through the 16th.

The plan is to hike from Wawona to Glacier Point via the Chilnualna Falls trail, through buena vista pass, and ending at Glacier Point.

How much water should we expect on the trail? Is it reasonable to think about hitting those elevations (9000 ft) at this time of year? Will the snow be too slow to navigate through?

Any advice and thoughts on this trail/route would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
May 28, 2008 11:12AM
just a non-expert comment . ..sounds like a neat trip . i'd think you would encounter snow areas / patches in the obvious locations , but nothing catastrophic . hopefully someone else can give you a more local and up to the minute point of view .

May 28, 2008 12:21PM
Should be pretty straight forward. Maybe some snow on the North side of Buena Vista Peak. Start early; your first day will be hot and uphill. And watch for rattlesnakes on your first day too. I almost stepped on one below Chil. Falls once. Sounds like fun.
May 28, 2008 04:20PM
Did similar trip last year from Bridalviel Cmpg. to Glacier Pt. b4 Memorial Day. Only patches of snow on trail, plenty of water. Spend a night at Buena Vista lake if you can it is a great place & not many people up there. When you leave B.V. pass be sure to have water cuz it is a long way to the next creek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login