Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: backpackers camp tuolumne

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

backpackers camp tuolumne
June 08, 2008 07:06PM
Is the backpackers camp in tuolumne campground open now? (Or more to the point, will it be open by the 20th of June? ) If not, where can one stay the day before and after a back county trip?

Also, following my backpack trip around the 24th I am interested in staying an extra day down in the valley. Is there ever any FCFS camping available there?
June 08, 2008 10:16PM
I went by the permit office on Thursday. They said that backpackers camp is closed because it is too wet. I asked if one could stay there if they could find a dry spot. They said "no" because when they had unofficially allowed it some had abused the privilege and left a mess.

Mike
June 10, 2008 08:03AM
Thanks for the info. So I'm thinking campgrounds around Tioga lake and that area will be the closest for a stay the night before heading out backpacking. Anyone know if they are open?
avatar Re: backpackers camp tuolumne
June 10, 2008 10:14AM
Not sure about Tioga Lake (and it fills up fast anyway) but down at the bottom along Lee Vining Creek you should be able to find something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login