Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Supervolcanoes: Not a Threat for 2012

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Supervolcanoes: Not a Threat for 2012
November 15, 2011 07:54PM
ScienceDaily (Nov. 15, 2011) — The geological record holds clues that throughout Earth's 4.5-billion-year lifetime massive supervolcanoes, far larger than Mount St. Helens or Mount Pinatubo, have erupted. However, despite the claims of those who fear 2012, there's no evidence that such a supereruption is imminent.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111115180313.htm
avatar Re: Supervolcanoes: Not a Threat for 2012
November 15, 2011 10:16PM
Famous last words.
avatar Re: Supervolcanoes: Not a Threat for 2012
November 16, 2011 05:51PM
eeek

ScienceDaily (Nov. 15, 2011) — The geological record holds clues that throughout Earth's 4.5-billion-year lifetime massive supervolcanoes, far larger than Mount St. Helens or Mount Pinatubo, have erupted. However, despite the claims of those who fear 2012, there's no evidence that such a supereruption is imminent.

Well, that's a relief. I was getting a bit worried, but now I can go ahead and plan my summer vacation. smileys with beer
avatar Restless volcano a ticking time bomb
November 18, 2011 12:23AM
Madrid - Steaming magma is bubbling onto the sea surface. The earth shakes, and a smell of sulphur floats in the air. For over a month, residents of the Spanish Canary Island of El Hierro have lived with an active underwater volcano that not only poses a security threat, but also scares off tourists and endangers the inhabitants' livelihoods.

http://www.iol.co.za/scitech/science/environment/restless-volcano-a-ticking-time-bomb-1.1181317
avatar Re: Restless volcano a ticking time bomb
November 21, 2011 12:33PM
I thought the supervolcano under Yellowstone was the most dangerous one on the planet and had the capacity to go off anytime without much prior warning.clock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login