Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Senior Lifetime Pass National Parks

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Senior Lifetime Pass National Parks
November 26, 2011 10:28PM
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I no longer need to buy an Annual Pass but now qualify for the over 62 Senior Pass. Anyone have experience getting a decal for a vehicle as mentioned on the following website:
http://store.usgs.gov/pass/senior.html

The site suggests that the decal is for "open-topped" vehicles, but I wonder if it can be obtained and used on more conventional vehicles.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Senior Lifetime Pass National Parks
November 26, 2011 11:11PM
The decal will not work in Yosemite or any other park that has a staffed entrance station. At unstaffed location you have to purchase a ticket to display in the window. The decal takes the place of that ticket. For everywhere else you'll still need the card.
avatar Re: Senior Lifetime Pass National Parks: Olde Dude Alert!
November 27, 2011 11:07AM
Bee Presents

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
avatar Re: Senior Lifetime Pass National Parks: Olde Dude Alert!
November 29, 2011 12:36PM
You will also be asked to show a photo ID to prove you are the one entitled to use the pass. If you enter Yosemite early in the day before anybody is manning the entrance they will check it on your way out of the park.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login