Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Upper Pines Site # 30

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines Site # 30
July 16, 2008 05:47PM
I just got reservations for Upper Pines Site # 30. It says that the maximum Trailer Length is 24'. We are at 24' (plus a few inches with the hitch). Looking at the picture on yosemitecampsites.com, I can't tell if the site will work. Maybe it's not the best picture. The description on NPS' reservation website said it was "most sought after", so I grabbed it when I could. Does anybody have experience with this area of upper pines? I don't want to get stuck being unable to back ny camper in!
July 16, 2008 05:56PM
You'll be fine. In those sites you can hang the back of your rig over the end of the pad (and over the half cement log thingies) if need be. Some other sites have boulders or trees right behind, though. -J.

July 16, 2008 06:01PM
Oh yeah, that's assuming you don't have some monster-long tow rig! Of course people cheat it- see "trailer lengths" post. -J.
July 16, 2008 06:44PM
That's very near where I camp (tent) in the winter, so I'm familiar with it, and think you'll be fine. In fact, since it's near the end of the curve, it may help for easy backing. I've seen fairly sizable motor homes in there with plenty of room.

One nice part about that location is that it's easy to get to the shuttle stop, either by cutting directly over to the road, or out the entrance gate.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
July 17, 2008 07:57AM
I love that website, it has been great in planning our trips. I have used it before to determine if there is a tree or boulder behind the pad. Your site is clear at the back of the pad, so it looks like you can hang over the bumper at the end of the pad, giving you that extra clearance. It is a really nice, large site - not crowded with other sites and shady. Also, for your car there is overflow parking in Curry Village, it may be hard to comeby but if you are diligent, you can get a spot. If possible, you may have enough room to park your car across the front of your trailer - that is allowed as long as your vehicles are on the pad. So, no worries - Enjoy your trip! I am counting down, we will be there in 2 weeks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login