Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Recent Illness in Tuolumne

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Recent Illness in Tuolumne
July 21, 2008 10:41AM
Cases of acute gastrointestinal illness have been reported among DNC employees and park visitors in the Tuolumne Meadows area in the past 2 weeks. These illnesses typically spread through contact transmission from infected persons, objects, and/or food. Please do your part to prevent further spread of illness.

July 21, 2008 12:50PM
We got a nasty one last January at the Lodge. It ruined my wife's stay and my son and I got it bad upon our arrival back home. This virus is typical of resort areas and cruise ships, and spreads easily. Keep hands immaculately clean!

Wilderness forever,
Bruce Jensen
July 21, 2008 02:38PM
We were TM campground last weekend (Fri.-Mon.), and three of six got food poisoning like symptoms. On Monday, while hiking to May Lake, we talked to someone coming out who said several people had been very sick and the staff were engaged with extra thorough cleaning.

Is there any more info on this? Anything from the park service?
avatar Re: Recent Illness in Tuolumne
July 21, 2008 02:45PM
Strix wrote:

> Anything from the park service?

I pasted the notice from the park service. The only thing I didn't include was a section on washing your hands, etc.

July 27, 2008 04:53PM
I don't see any news about this anywhere. Have there been any updates?

We're heading up next week and my son was kind of keen on the idea of the mess tent, but I'm not sure we're up for that kind of mess. :-)
July 31, 2008 08:44AM
We just got back from 5 days at the TM campground. All ok.
Minor hangover one morning....but that was my fault.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login