Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Naked Vermont governor almost eaten by bears

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Naked Vermont governor almost eaten by bears
April 16, 2012 01:01PM
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin said Friday that he was chased by one of four large bears in his back yard the night prior… absent his pajamas. Speaking to the editorial board of Valley News in Vermont, the first-term Democrat said he noticed the bears in the back yard late at night, outside his rental home near Monteplier, where they were nosing at his bird feeders just feet from his windows. After shouting at them from relative safety, for some reason Shumlin said he decided to fetch the bird feeders, explaining that he didn’t want the bears to become a frequent feature on his property.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/13/naked-vermont-governor-almost-eaten-by-bears/
April 16, 2012 02:04PM
Ha! The news media just loves bear stories (and I suppose readers love the stories also.) I thought they only went commando in California (and Canada)?

And did you see the picture of the bear they used in the article? Hilarious! No way that bear is in Vermont.
avatar Re: Naked Vermont governor almost eaten by bears
April 16, 2012 04:11PM
"Nearly got eaten" translates to "got mock changed while trying to shoo them away from the food I stupidly left out".
April 16, 2012 05:19PM
Government experiment to introduce grissly bears to the Northeast claimed a success!
April 16, 2012 05:40PM
For years my boys have earned souvenir money with "bounties" on various animals. $1 for a deer, $5 coyote, $5 moose/buffalo,elk etc. as we travel through National Parks or other areas. I had to adjust the bounties when we visited Alaska. We had a very long standing $50 bounty on any bear (outside Alaska) that was never collected on until one day my boys spotted a bear out on the hill outside my grandmother's house in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The adults were in another room and all of a sudden the boys started trying to yell bear but could bearly get it out. Nice black bear. I gave them each $50 even though the bounty was supposed to go to the one who saw it first--they saw it at the same time. Importantly, in order to collect on the bounty, I have to see the animal also--so we all got to see it as it wandered across the hill into the woods perhaps 100 yards away.

In New Hampshire, I would be more afraid of the moose.
April 16, 2012 06:34PM
Before going to Katmai I'd suggest dropping the bounty.
April 17, 2012 07:36AM
chicagocwright
Ha! The news media just loves bear stories (and I suppose readers love the stories also.) I thought they only went commando in California (and Canada)?

And did you see the picture of the bear they used in the article? Hilarious! No way that bear is in Vermont.

No kidding. Did you see the blab about the "Texting Man nearly walks into Bear Attack".

Where's the gun nuts to just shoot me now?

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 17, 2012 07:38AM
Uh... ok... looks like some clown forum operator posted it on his forum here:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?1,53075

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login