All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

URGENT NEWS: Strike Threat could kill off Twinkies
April 17, 2012 10:22AM
Strike Threat at Hostess could kill off Twinkies

"All Hostess Brands operations would shut down and liquidation would begin."
avatar Re: URGENT NEWS: Strike Threat could kill off Twinkies
April 17, 2012 10:38AM
I'm not worried.

Homemade twinkies taste a whole lot better than store-bought. wink
April 18, 2012 05:37PM
April 18, 2012 09:26PM
How do you relate Bakery and Confection with Tabacco? Honest question here. Just curious...

And I knew this but I never found any evidence to support it, "...Wonder Bread is 90 years old ..."
April 18, 2012 11:03PM
Catalonian Burro
How do you relate Bakery and Confection with Tabacco? Honest question here. Just curious...

And I knew this but I never found any evidence to support it, "...Wonder Bread is 90 years old ..."

Guess I should have read more... but here is my answer:

"The Bakery and Confectionery Workers International Union of America, one of the pioneers of the North American labor movement, was organized in 1886. In 1957, the American Bakery and Confectionery Workers’ International Union was formed. In 1969, the two organizations united.

The Tobacco Workers International Union was founded in 1895 and was also in the forefront of the labor movement. As it and the Bakery and Confectionery Workers’ International Union of America shared many common goals, both organizations came to realize that those goals could best be achieved through a merger. That merger, creating the BC&T, took place in 1978."
April 19, 2012 05:17PM
Look up ATF unless you already knew.

Kinda funny. ATF and Explosives... why not

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 19, 2012 09:50AM
While Hostess itself would go belly-up, it's hard to believe another baker would not buy
the rights to the product line, and continue making them.
Thar's gold in them thar Twinkies! (In addition to the delicious creme filling winking smiley )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login