Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Back from the Grand Tetons

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Back from the Grand Tetons
July 09, 2012 01:21PM
Hiked up Paintbrush Canyon in the Grand Tetons on 7/2. Quite a bit of snow above 9000 feet. Water was really gushing from the snow melt.

At the Paintbrush Canyon trail head.

First cascade of many on Paintbrush Canyon trail.

Heading further up Paintbrush Canyon.

Getting up to the snow

Heading back down snow field crossings.

More great views down the canyon

More cascades

July 09, 2012 04:42PM
Lucky you going to the Tetons. It has been almost two years since I have been there and will be a few more until I go again. Thanks for posting.
avatar Re: Back from the Grand Tetons
July 09, 2012 04:48PM
So many people just drive past the Tetons, but there is great hiking up into the canyons.
July 09, 2012 06:21PM
We really love that park and wish we could go every year. I can't do any hard core hiking anymore so the most I can do is part of Cascade Canyon. But there are plenty of other hikes I can do there and other activites to do. We always rent a canoe each time we go and spend the day doing that or fly fish when we are not hiking around.

Have you ever gone to the Old Patriarch?
July 10, 2012 10:20AM
Haven't gone to the Old Patriarch. Have to try and find it next time.
July 09, 2012 08:49PM
Oh man, I love Grand Teton. I got to whet my appetite on the Surprise/Amphitheater Lake hike a couple of years back but didn't have any time to do any backpacking there. The trail was so nice and smooth the 3000 foot gain on it felt more like 1500, and it was great picking and eating wild huckleberries out there.
July 10, 2012 07:11AM
Hmmm,---I wonder where I left that plastic thingy that fits on the end of my trekking pole for snow?
July 10, 2012 08:02AM
Love the snow hiking video. Great pictures. I'm one of those that just drove through after my one trip to Yellowstone.
July 10, 2012 10:16AM
Couldn't fit trekking poles in the carry on luggage. Probably can't take in carry-on anyway. Bought some cheap poles at Wal Mart on arrival. They actually had the plastic snow thingys, but forgot to put them on. Went further in the snow than expected. Snow was firm and pretty good for hiking on.
July 10, 2012 10:21AM
Trails were in great condition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login