Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: This website

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

This website
October 08, 2008 01:12PM
Here's another reason I like this website. I get vacation/camping ideas other than Yosemite from reading some of the posts.

For example, while reading about the Fossett airplane crash, a link to the Minarets was put up. Little did I know about that area until reading that wikipedia link. Now I'm definintely going next year, incredible looking!

Today, I was reading the "hikerhell" website from a posting on this website, and included was a story about a death in Banff National Park. That one photo alone makes me want to go there, and I probably will next summer.

Keep sharing stories and photos, you guys make my vacation plans easy!
Re: This website
October 08, 2008 01:23PM
I feel the same. If you want to be in the know, this is the website to visit.
October 08, 2008 05:35PM
Minaret Lake, and the Minarets in the background, first day of summer 2005. It's about a four-hour hike directly west of the Devils Postpile trailhead. (Fossett's plane crashed a couple miles east of here):

October 09, 2008 10:21PM
Summer? winking smiley

October 10, 2008 10:44AM
Yeah, that's what summer looked like in the Mammoth area that year. Contrast it with the below photo of the kiosk at the Mono Lake overlook in January of '05:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login