Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

LA Times ad blasts APCD over dry lake clean-up

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar LA Times ad blasts APCD over dry lake clean-up
October 21, 2012 02:42PM
Over the years, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s wholesale water diversion from the Owens Valley dried up the Owens Lake and created what has been described as the worst dust pollution of its kind in the western hemisphere. Now, DWP wants no more responsibility to clean up the remaining dust, appealed a local order to the state air board, filed a federal lawsuit, pushes advertising to demonize the Great Basin Air Pollution Control District and its director and has reportedly authored a resolution for the LA City Council to support their tactics.

http://www.sierrawave.net/14772/la-times-ad/
Re: LA Times ad blasts APCD over dry lake clean-up
October 25, 2012 10:59PM
I believe a former Yosemite Superintendent caused the diversion of more water to Mono Lake in the past. I can only hope that someone can duplicate his efforts to take care of the dust with some water that would otherwise go to LA. Pardon my opinion, but LA needs to look at desalinzation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login