Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Camping near Monument Valley?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping near Monument Valley?
March 29, 2013 02:15PM
has anyone camped near Monument Valley? I know there is Goulding's but it is expensive, even for a tent. Gooseneck park is about 30 miles away and I hear that the CG right at MV is under reconstruction.

Any body camped there and have ideas?
avatar Re: Camping near Monument Valley?
March 30, 2013 10:06AM
Not off the top of my head.

Yup, it looks like the Mitten View campground won't be available again until December of this year:

http://www.navajonationparks.org/htm/monumentvalleycamp.htm

Gouldings is expensive, but $26/night (no hookup) is still (somewhat) affordable.

Don't know of any other nearby.
March 30, 2013 08:56PM
You might check out "Little Monument Valley" aka Valley of the Gods. Its a bit past (northeast of) the Goosenecks, and its BLM land, so its all primitive camping...but the scenery is on par with Monument Valley and you can camp right in the middle of it. Depending on where you are heading to/from it may be a good option.
Re: Camping near Monument Valley?
April 09, 2013 08:17AM
Yup dirt road into Monument of the Gods several dirt roads about the Mexican Hat formation along the San Juan River are all open BLM lands with few visitors. April and May when plants are green is the best times of year in that area.

http://www.davidsenesac.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 08:18AM by DavidSenesac.
Re: Camping near Monument Valley?
April 15, 2013 09:04PM
Thanks. After we camped at White Pocket, my buddy was too cold and we got a motel.
April 16, 2013 08:26PM
haha well thanks for the trip report ! Confused
What's that they say about the best laid plans?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login