Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: YOSAR

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

YOSAR
January 25, 2009 06:06PM
Hello,

I am 16 years old and i know its a little early.. maybe to early, but I want to be apart of Yosemite Parks search and rescue dose any one know of things i could do now that would boost my chances of becoming apart of YOSAR.

and... also what requirements are needed for different job titles... like helicopter pilot, dog rescue, ground units....etc
January 25, 2009 07:59PM
Robzilla... winking smiley
I haven't a clue... but the web is your friend...

For the frequent visitors to this site I found this which will be of interest:
http://www.friendsofyosar.org/rescues/rescues.html

Very interesting.

For you, I would check out the freindsofyosar site and also their links
page and look into the Yosemite one. I know in Yosemite they have a camp
site at Tuolumne Meadows and Yosemite Valley (TM Campground and
pretty sure Camp 4). You may want to go and pay them a visit
and talk to them.
From the Yosemite site:
http://www.nps.gov/archive/yose/sar/employ.htm

Look at the SAR-Site info. It gives you some indication of the hurdles you would have.

Good luck
January 26, 2009 10:56AM
I have a friend that has worked with YOSAR. He's an Eagle Scout, and while he was involved with Boy Scouts, he and some other scouts got involved with our local Search and Rescue group. He maintained his involvement with the local group even when he was away at college (he'd go on searches if he was home from school).

I'd suggest finding a local Search and Rescue unit, start working with them, and go from there. Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login