All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Feeling low....
June 24, 2013 08:02PM
No--it's not the rain....

You may have noticed that we haven't posted any trip reports yet this summer--we're usually good for five or six trips a summer, and had big plans for this year. In fact, we've had two different hikes on our agenda, and we've had to cancel both of them because I have been under the weather.

And today, after two weeks of lesser drugs and numerous doctor's visit, we now know that it is more than just the lingering after--effcts of all that air travel. It's pneumonia.

The good news? New drugs and some enforced rest should lead to a relatively speedy cure.

We're aleady looking at the calendar and allowing our thoughts to wander to distant mountains and thin air...

Cough cough.

Maybe wait a week.

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
June 24, 2013 10:21PM
Hope you feel better soon!
June 24, 2013 11:07PM
Hopefully with some rest and antibiotics you should be cured of your pneumonia in the very near future.

I came down with pneumonia earlier this spring but within two days of contracting it, I was pretty sure what I had and I stopped by the local urgent care center to see a doctor to confirm it. Based on my symptoms and x-rays of my lungs, it was confirmed that I indeed had contracted pneumonia. Fortunately, the antibiotic I was prescribed was very effective and within three days my high fever was completely gone. My cough did linger for about three more weeks.

June 25, 2013 05:50AM
I had an elderly relative go through that a year ago. It's a very nasty illness that sneaks up on you. Only cure is rest, hydration, and antibiotics. Hang in there. Hope you can get on the trails soon.
Jim
Re: Feeling low....
June 25, 2013 08:57AM
My condolences...when it comes to Yosemite, it's hard enough to keep the "hikes-to-do" list under control when you're able to get on (or off, as the case may be) the trails on a regular basis. It really sucks that you've had to keep a couple of the entries on there longer than you'd planned. Hope your new regime gets you back into your hiking boots quickly!
June 26, 2013 01:59PM
Best wishes. Hope you can get back on the trails soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login