Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Crescent (48% of Full)


Advanced

Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 06, 2009 04:38PM
Rangers from the Wawona, Valley and Mather Districts were staking out an illegal tree stand inside the park’s boundary last October 4th when a hunter armed with a rifle climbed into the stand. The rangers watched the man – later identified as Phillip Bradley, 62, of Merced, California – for another hour, then took him into custody without incident. On Tuesday, February 3rd, Bradley pled guilty to one count of hunting within the park (16 USC 60) and one count of possession of a weapon (36 CFR 2.4(a)(1)(i)). Bradley was sentenced to 36 months of unsupervised probation, ordered to pay a $5,000 fine , and required to forfeit his rifle, deer stand, rifle case, rifle scope and hunting knife. Bradley received credit for three days of time served and agreed to stay out of the park for the duration of his probation.

avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 06, 2009 09:47PM
Deer are everywhere outside the parks and this guy has to get all elaborate inside the boundaries?

I think he should be sentenced to hunting grizzly bears in the Sierra, but only with a camera, and only in winter, and he is not off probation until he shoots a picture of one above 8,000 ft.
Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 07:57AM
Vince wrote:
> Deer are everywhere outside the parks and this guy has to get
> all elaborate inside the boundaries?
>
> I think he should be sentenced to hunting grizzly bears in the
> Sierra, but only with a camera, and only in winter, and he is
> not off probation until he shoots a picture of one above 8,000
> ft.

That's a pretty tall grizzly...





Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 03:19PM
Sierrafan wrote:

> Vince wrote:
> > Deer are everywhere outside the parks and this guy has to get
> > all elaborate inside the boundaries?
> >
> > I think he should be sentenced to hunting grizzly bears in
> the
> > Sierra, but only with a camera, and only in winter, and he is
> > not off probation until he shoots a picture of one above
> 8,000
> > ft.
>
> That's a pretty tall grizzly...

Rare too. winking smiley

avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 04:29PM
> That's a pretty tall grizzly...

Rare too. winking smiley

It would be quite an achievement for the NPS to re-introduce grizzlies. Impossible of course. Would be like re-introducing small pox.





The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 04:54PM
Frank Furter:>>It would be quite an achievement for the NPS to re-introduce grizzlies<<

I vote that they start with that new 8,000+ foot species

B
Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 06:17PM
They could put a resident grizzly on top of Half Dome.

Might help with the traffic on the cables...





Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 09:44PM
Sierrafan wrote:

> They could put a resident grizzly on top of Half Dome.
>
> Might help with the traffic on the cables...

But if traffic falls too much, what will he eat?

avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 07, 2009 10:59PM
eeek : >>But if traffic falls too much, what will he eat?<<

he could always take a road trip to the wawona and get a double dose of fat

b
avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 08, 2009 07:55AM
The grizzley needs to be at the bottom of the cables lending a helping hand. Better yet, maybe at the bridge below Vernal Fall. The parking lot?

Jim
avatar Re: Man Pleads Guilty To Poaching In Park
February 08, 2009 08:13AM
tomdisco wrote:

> The grizzley needs to be at the bottom of the cables lending a
> helping hand. Better yet, maybe at the bridge below Vernal
> Fall. The parking lot?

Jim, I thought about making a similar post yesterday. It would seem to be more useful/logical since it would reduce the environmental impact along the trail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login