All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

north cascades NP
July 15, 2013 10:53AM
Just returned from a trip to North Cascades NP in WA. No crowds, no entrance fee, very scenic (more of a "sound of music" look with snow capped mountains jutting out of green forests and meadows). If you're ever up in that part of the country, it may be worth a look.

It is a 3-4hr drive from Seattle.

This is the view from our lodge on the east side of the park.

This is the view at 6500 ft "Easy Pass", 3.5 mi from the trailhead (at which we were the only ones parked).

And this is a scenic overlook on the west side of the park.
July 15, 2013 03:48PM
Been there once. Cascade Pass was great. Need to go back. Easy Pass looks great. Thanks for posting.
Re: north cascades NP
July 15, 2013 04:25PM
Very nice. Thanks for posting.
July 15, 2013 04:31PM
Great pics. Thanks for posting.
July 15, 2013 05:04PM
Lucky you with no crowds! When we spent a few weeks a few years ago day hiking the three National Parks, I remember full trailheads and lots of people... Especially when the weekends rolled around. It was berry season!!!

Really lovely shots!

The view from the 6500 ' pass reminds me how strange I felt in alpine country up there-- too much air!!!
July 16, 2013 07:42AM
We must have avoided the crowds by going on a weekday, and you're right about the thick air. It was nice not having to deal with the faint headache that I sometimes get at the higher altitudes of Yosemite.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login