Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: A Week's Worth of Camping Synchs Internal Clock to Sunrise and Sunset

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar A Week's Worth of Camping Synchs Internal Clock to Sunrise and Sunset
August 03, 2013 08:56PM
Aug. 1, 2013 — Spending just one week exposed only to natural light while camping in the Rocky Mountains was enough to synch the circadian clocks of eight people participating in a University of Colorado Boulder study with the timing of sunrise and sunset.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130801125601.htm
avatar Re: A Week's Worth of Camping Synchs Internal Clock to Sunrise and Sunset
August 03, 2013 11:49PM
One week? Gee, I usually adjust within 48 hours (if not sooner).

avatar Re: A Week's Worth of Camping Synchs Internal Clock to Sunrise and Sunset
August 04, 2013 08:58AM
Yes, I need to visit Yosemite once a month to lick my insomnia.thumbs up
Re: A Week's Worth of Camping Synchs Internal Clock to Sunrise and Sunset
August 04, 2013 03:09PM
And stay for at least two weeks? That would certainly help me.
August 04, 2013 02:35PM
Same here. Within reason, of course. Alaska around the 4th of July can be a bit tough to adjust to, at Glacier Bay the sun goes down around 10 or so but comes back up around 4 - further west at Katmai sunrise holds off until 5:30 but sunset is around 11:30 - and these are southern AK, I haven't been north of Anchorage.

Michigan's Isle Royale (hiked twice) is nice in early July - sunrise at 6, sunset at 10. Minnesota's Boundary Waters is more spectacular country, though the internal clock is slightly less convenient - rise and set times are shifted 45 minutes early (15 minutes later due to longitude, then 60 earlier due to MN being in the correct time zone for its longitude).

Here's a nice Sunrise Sunset Almanac site.
August 07, 2013 01:04AM
Just knowing I need to catch the 6:30 YARTS to the park, usually does it for me. grinning smiley
August 07, 2013 02:16AM
gophersnake
Just knowing I need to catch the 6:30 YARTS to the park, usually does it for me. grinning smiley

That sort of thing usually causes insomnia in me.
August 04, 2013 05:38PM
THose campers must not have brought along their Smart Phones with TV aps for post sunset entertainment.

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login