Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)

Advanced

Re: NPS citations processed on East Coast?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar NPS citations processed on East Coast?
January 05, 2014 09:00PM
I was walking back to my car at the Muir Woods parking lot today. Earlier as I was coming in I saw an LE ranger issuing tickets to private cars parked in the prime commercial-vehicle only parking spots (most spots open to any vehicle after 4 PM). On the way back I got a look at the envelope. I don't remember exactly what it said on the top, but the address was in Philadelphia.

I was under the impression that stuff like citations for vehicle code violations would have to be processed in the county where they were issued, although I'm thinking it might be different in a federal jurisdiction. I was under the impression that someone contesting a ticket would have to do so in a Federal Court, such as the Yosemite courthouse.
avatar Re: NPS citations processed on East Coast?
January 06, 2014 12:26AM
I think the answer to your question is here: http://www.cvb.uscourts.gov/faq.html
January 06, 2014 11:44AM
y_p_w
I was under the impression that stuff like citations for vehicle code violations would have to be processed in the county where they were issued

That's for state violations. These are federal.
January 15, 2014 01:21AM
y_p_w

I was under the impression that someone contesting a ticket would have to do so in a Federal Court, such as the Yosemite courthouse.

Yes, if you want to contest a citation in person that you received while inside Yosemite National Park, you'll have to set up a court date at the federal courthouse located in Yosemite Village. But to contest a parking ticket by mail, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure the instructions on how to contest the parking tickets would be stated on the actual parking tickets.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login