Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Seasonal Allergies

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 16, 2014 09:38PM
Poll
Any signs of pollen/dust 'Spring' allergies?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
8 votes were received.
Yes5

63%
No3

37%

Is anyone else showing any early symptoms of "Spring" allergy season? I am trying to decide if I am getting another head cold, or if it's just the crazy seasonal shift (allergies)

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
January 24, 2014 08:49PM
I read an article in the paper today that the alergy season has already stared albiet two months early.

Old Dude
January 24, 2014 08:54PM
mrcondron
I read an article in the paper today that the alergy season has already stared albiet two months early.

I was sneezing today.
January 24, 2014 09:17PM
My doctor said mold is the big problem right now.
January 24, 2014 10:11PM
It was 79 degrees today, and I am already having late-March symptoms & taking meds that I have never taken this early in the season.

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
Re: Seasonal Allergies
January 26, 2014 10:11AM
The seasonal allergy season I can put up with, but I don't think I could survive the air pollution in some South Asian countries:

Delhi's air more dangerous than Beijing's
Gardiner Harris,NYT News Service | Jan 26, 2014, 06.16 PM IST

NEW DELHI: In mid-January, air pollution in Beijing was so bad that the government issued urgent health warnings and closed four major highways, prompting the panicked buying of air filters and donning of face masks. But in New Delhi, where pea-soup smog created what was by some measurements even more dangerous air, there were few signs of alarm in the country's boisterous news media, or on its effervescent Twittersphere.

Despite Beijing's widespread reputation of having some of the most polluted air of any major city in the world, an examination of daily pollution figures collected from both cities suggests that New Delhi's air is more laden with dangerous small particles of pollution, more often, than Beijing's. Lately, a very bad air day in Beijing is about an average one in New Delhi.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/pollution/Delhis-air-more-dangerous-than-Beijings/articleshow/29412230.cms
avatar More relief options may be available for hay fever sufferers
January 26, 2014 12:17PM
There is more to seasonal allergies than a little congestion and sneezing. If you notice eating watermelon, cantaloupe or avocado make you cough and itch, it may be a symptom of ragweed allergy. But more help might be on the way for some of the 23 million hay fever sufferers.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140124110707.htm
avatar Re: More relief options may be available for hay fever sufferers
January 27, 2014 07:13AM
I've been allergy tested three times over the last 14 years. There are just some things you don't want to know!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login