Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta: Interactive Map

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta: Interactive Map
January 27, 2014 08:20PM
Envisioning California’s Delta As it Was

The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is at the heart of California’s water supply. This inland delta, where two major rivers converge and mingle with San Francisco Bay tides, has been re-engineered and re-plumbed over the last 160 years to meet the needs of a growing state.

Little is known about the Delta as it once was. Now, as efforts get underway to save the Delta’s failing ecosystem, researchers at the San Francisco Estuary Institute are reconstructing this complex landscape using thousands of historical sources.

http://science.kqed.org/quest/delta-map/
avatar Re: Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta: Interactive Map
January 28, 2014 04:48PM
Driving 152... I wouldn't even think there was a Delta that included the San Joaquin.
I think I've seen it have any amount of water in it a few times.

Thanks for the post

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 29, 2014 09:33PM
chick-on

Driving 152... I wouldn't even think there was a Delta that included the San Joaquin.
I think I've seen it have any amount of water in it a few times.

Further north, driving along Hwy 140, the San Joaquin River cuts a wider path. And of course, Stockton, which resides along the San Joaquin River has one of the major seaports of California.

January 30, 2014 07:49AM
140 is north of 152 as you mentioned... and the river flows from south to north...
which says a lot about what has been done to the river

Personally I have never driven that stretch of 140. I'll do that this year sometime
when going to or fro when it is light out. Thanks

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login