Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Drink Coke, not Pepsi (high levels of a carcinogen found in Pepsi)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Drink Coke, not Pepsi (high levels of a carcinogen found in Pepsi)
March 29, 2014 11:15AM
Something that those who drink soft drinks should consider:

Read more about these findings here:

ConsumerReports.com – Caramel color: The health risk that may be in your soda

avatar Re: Drink Coke, not Pepsi (high levels of a carcinogen found in Pepsi)
March 31, 2014 10:11AM
I found this on Wikipedia: In response to high 4-MEI levels used in studies, US FDA spokesperson Doug Karas stated, "[a] person would have to drink more than a thousand cans of soda in a day to match the doses administered in studies that showed links to cancer in rodents.”
March 31, 2014 06:49PM
In Wikipedia you trust?

I trust more California's Dept. of Health and Consumers Union (Consumer Reports).
March 31, 2014 08:40PM
I think I trust Wiki more than "California Department..." of just about anything.
March 31, 2014 08:44PM
plawrence
In Wikipedia you trust?

Trust but verify (i.e. check the sources).
March 31, 2014 09:22PM
I do not trust Wikipedia, or any other source. I checked. Wikipedia did not make that statement; US FDA spokesperson Doug Karas did. Dismissing anything, and everything, on Wikipedia is as silly as trusting them.
March 31, 2014 11:15PM
Pepsi Chairman Robert Pohlad and PepsiCo have been large financial contributors to Obama's presidential campaigns. I wouldn't be surprised if his administration went easy on anything that could hurt the sales of Pepsi.

http://influenceexplorer.com/organization/pepsico-inc/436269aca0644b73bf5bec64c65b44ae?cycle=2008

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/23/nation/na-money23

April 01, 2014 08:33AM
Of course; Obama is to blame for all the problems in the world.

I'm glad ODS is covered under the AFFORDABLE Care Act.
April 01, 2014 10:05AM
Dave

Of course; Obama is to blame for all the problems in the world.

I didn't state (or imply) that. But if you want to make light of the issue, go ahead.

April 01, 2014 10:27AM
plawrence
I didn't state (or imply) that. But if you want to make light of the issue, go ahead..
I'm "making light" of all those that dream up ways to blame Obama for everything.
April 01, 2014 12:25PM
That wouldn't be me though, so it's not really germane to this topic.

April 01, 2014 03:23PM
plawrence
That wouldn't be me though, so it's not really germane to this topic..
Sorry, I'm not that naive. It was you. You brought up Obama, not me. You were trying to blame Obama for cancer, not me. Your comment was off topic and out of line.
April 01, 2014 12:36PM
plawrence
Pepsi Chairman Robert Pohlad and PepsiCo have been large financial contributors to Obama's presidential campaigns. I wouldn't be surprised if his administration went easy on anything that could hurt the sales of Pepsi.

Warren Buffet also made very large contributions. You might want to look up his connection to Coke before spewing more nonsense.
April 01, 2014 02:22PM
eeek
plawrence

Warren Buffet also made very large contributions. You might want to look up his connection to Coke before spewing more nonsense.

All that means is that the Obama administration won't be critical of Coca-Cola either.

But none of this changes the fact that California requires any product that contains more than 29 micrograms of 4-MeI to carry a cancer warning label. If that's nonsense, wouldn't the food and soft drink manufacturers have already successfully sued the State of California to prevent such warning label from appearing on their affected products?

April 01, 2014 10:12PM
plawrence
If that's nonsense, wouldn't the food and soft drink manufacturers have already successfully sued the State of California to prevent such warning label from appearing on their affected products?

Since when are successful lawsuits against the State of California a measure of the many sorts of nonsense it imposes on so many companies and individuals?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login