All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Proposed Gold Mining Near Bodie
March 14, 2009 01:19AM
A standing-room-only crowd filled Bridgeport’s Memorial Hall ... to listen to the outline of a proposed mining exploration project on public lands. The Cougar Paramount Mineral Exploration Project is planned for the Bodie Hills Management Area, near the Paramount Mine site, which includes areas within the surrounding Bodie Wilderness Study Area.

http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/view/115324/27/

avatar Re: Proposed Gold Mining Near Bodie
March 15, 2009 11:54AM
Hey, thanks! The trucking company I work for just won a contract to haul gold ore near Cortez, NV, I think we ought to bid on this one, too, when it comes about. And it will come about!
March 15, 2009 05:19PM
On second thought.. nevermind.

Post Edited (03-15-09 17:23)

Everything I know I learned from Chick-on is looking at you!
March 15, 2009 05:27PM
My last job as a chemist had gold mining as its largest client. They, um, werent exactly the most discreet presence on the block. Although mining and large construction (roads cut in the mountain for the mines) were my bread and butter, I eventually quit due to ethical conflicts.

(I will now stand back and let the fur fly above...)

B
March 15, 2009 05:36PM
Bee wrote:

> (I will now stand back and let the fur fly above...)

March 15, 2009 05:55PM
Bee, I take it you saw what I really wrote above.
smiling smiley
March 15, 2009 06:14PM
bill-e-g: Bee, I take it you saw what I really wrote above.

Yes, and I agreed with you! Conservation is not only when its convenient. I found myself being a tree-hugger by weekend, and an "evil" scientist by day. A buddy called me a hypocrite...and I agreed.

BTW., I hope you dont quit posting; your input has been very useful to my ongoing research about everything Yosemite!

B
March 15, 2009 10:56PM
Lookie here. The "Bodie Conservation District" or whatever, is in California. The mining probably will take place in Nevada. There is a difference.

EPA scours every little nook and cranny of new mining operations.

Gold is over $900/oz

Jobs

The trucks probably would never even enter California. Ample dirt roads approach from the East.

Take a little trip down Aurora Canyon next time you visit Bodie. It's a pretty canyon, no 4x4 needed, and the canyon wouldn't be affected. There is mining already taking place a little to the south of the ghost town of Aurora. Did you know that?

This is nothing more than exploration of a new claim. Thar be gold in them thar hills.

Don't trouble yourself, regulations already strangle people trying to make a living, you probably wouldn't even notice anything going on if this operation takes place.

March 16, 2009 07:28AM
Ok, fine.

All I said was:

I guess "Native American logic" does not apply here?

but now I must add

You must really love that truck.
March 16, 2009 01:04PM
Loved that truck too much...transmission blew up Christmas '07. I was without a 4x4 till July '08, yes I missed it!

I talked to my boss about the gold mining. The digging will be done well inside the Nevada border near the ghost town of Aurora (which has a huge open pit gold mine nearby that shut down about 30 years ago).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login