All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Group Programs in Yosemite
March 17, 2009 01:27PM
Yosemite Institute offers award-winning residential environmental education programs in Yosemite National Park for K-12 schools and other organizations, including scouting troops, religious youth groups, and university students. Our field science programs create rewarding life experiences for students and adults. Programs are customized for your group's needs and are aligned with state education standards.

We currently have limited program space available from late June-August 2009. Check out our website at www.yosemiteinstitute.org for more information!
avatar Yosemite Institute Summer Field Research Program registration opens
March 17, 2009 03:32PM
Yosemite Institute Summer Field Research Program registration opens
Date: March 17, 2009

Yosemite Institute, a campus of NatureBridge announced a unique opportunity today for 16-18 year old students to take part in a 2-week long adventure and learning program in Yosemite National Park. The two-week long inquiry-based Field Research Course lets kids earn college credit while learning how to create their own ecological research projects, learn wilderness survival skills, and more.

Participants work in partnership with the National Park Service to answer pertinent questions about the park’s ecology and management. They will spend part of their time working on National Park Service research projects and will then generate and answer their own questions on an eight day backpacking adventure in the Yosemite wilderness. Students that complete the course are given college credit from Columbia College, in Sonora, California.

The course is led by Dr. Adam Burns, Yosemite Institute Field Science Project Manager. He describes the program as, "the perfect antidote to nature deficit disorder, this is student-centered, inquiry-based learning at its most adventurous. These students will explore beyond the basic natural history of the area learn field research skills that can be transferred to high school, college and beyond."

The program runs from July 25 through August 7, 2009. Students interested in the program are encouraged to contact Dr. Burns directly at209 372 9302 Ex.33, visit the Yosemite Institute website at http://www.yni.org/yi/teen/research/index.php to learn more, and to download the registration form at http://www.yni.org/yi/miscfiles/Field_Research_Registration_Form_2009.pdf

About Yosemite Institute
Yosemite Institute, a campus of NatureBridge, is committed to educating the next generation of environmental stewards. For almost four decades our field science education programs in Yosemite National Park have been connecting kids from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds to nature and inspiring them to service. We use core science education to inspire future generations to lifelong environmental stewardship. Our inquiry-based programs ensure that our students return to their home communities with a broadened view of the world and the tools to make positive impacts in their neighborhoods. http://www.yosemiteinstitute.org.

Re: Group Programs in Yosemite
March 17, 2009 04:01PM
This is pretty cool.

Nature Deficit Disorder

I just KNEW I had some sort of affliction not wholely attributed to my "job".
Now I just need to get a note from my Doctor so I can bail on Thursdays instead of Fridays...
avatar Re: Group Programs in Yosemite
March 17, 2009 04:17PM
joe_schmo wrote:

> I just KNEW I had some sort of affliction not wholely
> attributed to my "job".

Do you sit in front of a screen and keyboard all day like I do?

Re: Group Programs in Yosemite
March 17, 2009 04:29PM
>Do you sit in front of a screen and keyboard all day like I do?

O yeah... that's why job was put into quotes...

I have no idea how I was able to make it thru the day before the web though.

Luckily for me the wife lets me run up to my "backyard" on a ridiculous basis... smiling smiley

Keeps me sane... (ok, some would venture otherwise)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login