Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Keeping in shape

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Keeping in shape
October 27, 2014 03:51PM
After my knee problems of two years ago, I have been fighting to get back on my bicycle and back in shape. Last year I sat out much of the first half of the year, and then slowly built myself back up to where I could do some miles each day.

This year I set a goal of ten miles per day, or 3650 miles per year. That’s well under my totals from a few years ago, when I was riding 6000+ miles per year. But I thought it was worth a shot…and so I started riding.

Well, yesterday I went over 3650 miles for the year. Despite flying over 100,000 miles on United, and fitting this in between backpacking trips and running a business, I managed to get out and ride more than I expected….and I still have two months to go. Who knows? I should get over 4,000….

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
October 27, 2014 04:23PM
balzaccom
After my knee problems of two years ago, I have been fighting to get back on my bicycle and back in shape. Last year I sat out much of the first half of the year, and then slowly built myself back up to where I could do some miles each day.

This year I set a goal of ten miles per day, or 3650 miles per year. That’s well under my totals from a few years ago, when I was riding 6000+ miles per year. But I thought it was worth a shot…and so I started riding.

Well, yesterday I went over 3650 miles for the year. Despite flying over 100,000 miles on United, and fitting this in between backpacking trips and running a business, I managed to get out and ride more than I expected….and I still have two months to go. Who knows? I should get over 4,000….

Congrats on meeting and exceeding your goal!
smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login