Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: I am homesick for the park

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

I am homesick for the park
November 23, 2014 12:23PM
I first visited Yosemite in the mid 70's on a bus trip with the YMCA. It was my first time away from home and my first time sleeping in a tent. It was a "tube tent" which was a tube of plastic held up with some twine tied between two trees and it slept two people, me and another guy whom I am now convinced was a homocidal maniac but at the time was pure entertainment. We drank water directly from the river, hiked, sang camp fire songs and ate smores. We hiked to the base of Yosemite Falls where we spied nude sunbathers...big stuff for a teenaged boy. Since I live in San Diego I can only visit yearly and the park never lets me down, I have been able to visit every year for the last 5 years. I spent last weekend in a non-heated tent in Curry Village.I have a life long love affair with that valley and I miss it every day. I check the webcams and read the weather forcasts daily. My children are tasked with spreading my ashes in the valley when I go. I am heartbroken to be this far from my valley. I took this picture of a coyote on my trip, she seemed to be telling me something that I still can't understand. End of Rant.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1509604329288795&set=a.1509604382622123.1073741827.100007177260470&type=1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2014 12:31PM by OscarQ.
avatar Re: I am homesick for the park
November 23, 2014 01:10PM
OscarQ
I took this picture of a coyote on my trip, she seemed to be telling me something that I still can't understand.

Most likely she was hoping for food from you. And it's good that she didn't get it.
Re: I am homesick for the park
November 23, 2014 03:14PM
winkRegarding your nostalgic and somewhat melancholic post, the feeling is mutual. Thanks for the heartfelt rant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login