All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

WE hereby resolve...
January 01, 2015 06:50AM
We’re not big believers in making New Years’ resolutions. For one thing, if something is that important to us, we’ll try to work on it, no matter what the date. And if it’s not that important, tying it to a calendar isn’t likely to make it matter to us more.

But we do have one resolution we are going to follow in 2015…and follow it resolutely. We are going to make, and take, more time for ourselves. We are going to spend more time in the mountains, backpacking, and seeing the parts of the world that we love so much. We aren’t getting any younger, and there is no reason to wait. We don’t need more stuff. But we would like to have more fun!

Admittedly, others feel differently. And if you have one you’d like to share, we'd love to know about it.

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2015 04:17PM by balzaccom.
Re: WE hereby rseolve...
January 01, 2015 08:11AM
"We are going to make, and take, more time for ourselves. We are going to spend more time in the mountains, backpacking, and seeing the parts of the world that we love so much. We aren’t getting any younger, and there is no reason to wait. We don’t need more stuff. But we would like to have more fun!"
Admittedly, I'm not much on New Years resolutions either but, if I may, this quote will be posted on my refrigerator. Tank u berry mush! Happy New Year!
Re: WE hereby resolve...
January 03, 2015 09:31PM
Happy New Year and a great resolution. As I get older, I find that going to somewhere you love and making memories with family and friends is much more important than buying and getting stuff.
Re: WE hereby resolve...
January 08, 2015 10:47AM
Luckily, we learned that a lot earlier than most. The less stuff, the more money left for experiences. We reside in an old single wide mobile home and have an old RV. We live in a location that, if we don't have much money, we can just vacation in our backyard. And it's never too far to camp in Yosemite. But we have, in the past few years, traveled out of the area, even out of the country. A walk in nature, locally or far, far away...it's all amazing.

The only "resolution" we have January 1 is to have black-eyed peas on New Year's Day. (It's a family thing...)

All of you...have an amazing New Year this 2015!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login