All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Forum Logistics
April 27, 2015 08:56PM
Not sure where to post this question- but I have been wondering about my view of the forum.

I have had several occasions when I follow a topic and when I glance at the "last post" column it says one thing and when I click into the topic I don't actually see the "last post". Is there something I am doing wrong so that I cannot see the latest post? This just happened to me on the hiking forum and I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

If I am not clear- the subject was the REI sale, the last post says 4/24 and when I go into the topic the last post I see is mine on 4/22. I am confused-

Thanks for any help--
April 28, 2015 01:44AM
I see lilagray's 4/22 post at the bottom of that page, and KevinD's 4/24 post about 2/3 of the way down. It's right above the pic of the big orange Therm-a-Rest pad.
April 28, 2015 06:17AM
gophersnake
I see lilagray's 4/22 post at the bottom of that page, and KevinD's 4/24 post about 2/3 of the way down. It's right above the pic of the big orange Therm-a-Rest pad.
If someine replys using "Qoute" it will apperar under the post being replied to. not at the end of the list of replys.

Old Dude
April 28, 2015 05:48PM
You might be running into a misunderstanding of the views available.
The "Switch View" link at the top of the list of messages changes you between 3 or so views of the messages ( list, flat, threaded ), although no names of the views are displayed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 05:51PM by qumqats.
April 28, 2015 06:14AM
If someone "Replys" to the original post it will appear at the end of the list of posts.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 08:02AM by mrcondron.
Re: Forum Logistics
April 29, 2015 08:20AM
What I usually do is to simply search for the word "new" when I get to the page (actually, I usually include a few letters from the end of the thread title (e.g., "tics new" for the current thread) so I don't pick up other uses of the word "new" on the page) to search for all messages marked as new. That might seem like too much trouble for some folks but it works for me. Note that you have to be logged in to get new messages tagged as "new."
Re: Forum Logistics
April 30, 2015 10:13PM
thank you so much- this was a lot of help.
I was really stumped but can see what happened now.

Part of my problem is that most of the time I read YND without logging in. Since I am primarily a lurker there is not really a reason to sign in unless I plan to post something.
So, the view is different if you log in and the little New flags pop up.

anyway, thanks so much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login