All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Where would you go if you could go any place in the world?
November 13, 2015 03:10PM
Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, and finally decided to make an account. I have been thinking about making a trip in the next year or two, so I am trying to narrow down some places. I saw on a thread a while back about going to western China, and that has really stuck in my head since it would be more in my budget.

I saw Salewa is doing a lot of contests where they are taking 200 people on trips http://newsdailynow.com/2015/11/11/salewa/ Those places have really peaked my interest as well. I have entered, and hopefully have a shot at it. Does anyone have experience at any of the places that they're offering?

I look forward to hearing your responses, and would love any first hand feedback.

thanks!
Re: Where would you go if you could go any place in the world?
November 13, 2015 03:28PM
To answer your question......it wouldn't be Paris.
Re: Where would you go if you could go any place in the world?
November 13, 2015 04:46PM
AnotherDave
To answer your question......it wouldn't be Paris.

Geese, seeing what's going on there truly is heartbreaking. I wanted to go off the beaten path a little too, so Paris wasn't under consideration anyway.
avatar Re: Where would you go if you could go any place in the world?
November 13, 2015 06:25PM
I love Paris, have been several times, and if it were in my current plans I'd gladly stick with them.

This past February I visited New Zealand's South Island and would love to go back. This offered hut-based backpacking (Milford, Kepler, and Routeburn tracks) as well as wine tasting in a very nice Pinot Noir region. I was debating between that and Tasmania, which I'd also love to visit.

I've done several ski trips in Europe...and the thing about those trips is one could combine being in the Alps with visiting Paris...Rome...Firenze...Geneve...London...in the same trip.

EDIT: Also for "out of the way"...I took my avatar photo, at Brooks Falls, in Alaska's Katmai National Park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 06:29PM by ttilley.
November 13, 2015 07:18PM
It takes all kinds and some of them think 140 dead is something to make jokes about.

I'd go to Nepal or Tibet, or back to Antarctica. The good thing about Antarctica is that there are no trails and few tourists.
November 13, 2015 07:53PM
Deleted...misinterpreted your response...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 07:59PM by ttilley.
November 13, 2015 08:01PM
Nepal has been in my mind for some time, as has Chile and/or Argentina. If I could be assurred things were calmed down in south-central Asia, northwestern India would also be on my list.
November 13, 2015 08:28PM
I hear Tiera del Fuego is nice. I'd just want to go where there aren't many other tourists. Mt. Hua Shan in China looks interesting.
November 13, 2015 03:35PM
Nepal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login