Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Aramark school lunches

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 05, 2015 03:10PM
avatar Re: Aramark school lunches
December 05, 2015 10:08PM
Right now I'm keeping an open mind in regards to Aramark and their new Yosemite concessions contract.

Currently they have the food concessions contract at the SAP Center in San Jose (home of the NHL San Jose Sharks). The quality of the food there is consistently above average, and of all the sports venues in the Bay Area, their prices are the lowest overall (by around 20% compared to AT&T Park or Oracle Arena).

Centerplate at AT&T Park serves the best tasting food of all the sports venues but at very high price (and they also serve the worst tasting food at Levi's Stadium, also at a very high price). So even though Aramark serves decent food in San Jose that doesn't guarantee the food and service will be of similar quality (or better) in Yosemite.

So I just hope for the best. Frankly, I was getting tired of the mediocre offerings of Delaware North, so hopefully Aramark is an improvement. But we'll see soon enough.

December 05, 2015 10:59PM
I have heard about the food from a friend who has grand kids in a school district that is using Aramark and she said it is horrible. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the food in Yosemite will get better and not worse. Otherwise I guess I will be taking a second cooler with me. Darn, sometimes I don't want to cook when we are there and we buy dinner.
December 08, 2015 06:37PM
I'm willing to wait and see. I ate at an Aramark cafeteria where I worked for years. It was decent food sold at a modest price point. No complaints. I'd hardly trust anything I read that comes out of the most corrupt city in America.
December 08, 2015 06:48PM
Aramark can be good or it can be bad. Depends on what the contract says and if it is enforced.
December 09, 2015 09:09AM
I hope Yosemite gets the good.
December 09, 2015 03:48PM
Me too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login