All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

help with campground
June 22, 2005 11:36AM
okay we seem to find ourselves in one of those pickles everybody is always posting about; the problem is this time I have loaned all my books and maps out and not had them back yet.

We usually stay in Tuolumne Meadows; we have also done Hodgeden meadows and Wawona. Last summer I peeked at White Wolf and Yosemite Creek to check them out.

We had a reservation Crane Flats beginning this Sunday (26th), but opening has been delayed. We are coming up from the south/west and staying Saturday night in Visalia.

So, what are the chances of BridalVeil campground or maybe Tamarack having first-come available space on Sunday? Are they acceptable for a small-ish pop-up?

If they are no available drop-in sites in the park, and given we are arriving from the south gate, what are some other camping options --- and I gues I should locate the nearest Wal-Mart parking lot t be safe smiling smiley)

Seriously, eek says Tioga road will open Friday [to the public?], so I suppose we could traverse the entire park to find something by Ellery Lake or such, but that is a big drive to pull all through the park.

What is the snow depth near Hwy-120, should I pack snow-play stuff for the kids?
June 22, 2005 04:09PM
streger wrote:

> So, what are the chances of BridalVeil campground or maybe
> Tamarack having first-come available space on Sunday? Are they
> acceptable for a small-ish pop-up?

Are they open?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login