All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 30, 2009 09:52PM
March 30, 2009 10:42PM
Nice pic of the Dome -- it FEELS big. So many boring shots of the Dome dont convey the largesse...speaking of (boring shots) look how much snow has melted in a month:

B

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
March 30, 2009 10:50PM
Snow is melting quickly. Yosemite Falls is running as big as I've ever seen it with the water being brown.

March 30, 2009 10:54PM
eeeek: Snow is melting quickly. Yosemite Falls is running as big as I've ever seen it with the water being brown.

any pics? Did the crowds subside for the weekday? Are the other falls as impressive? Is the big ice mound at the base of Upper Yosemite falls melted and gone? (all q's I have been wondering about since I was there a month ago)

B
March 30, 2009 11:08PM
I'll probably take a picture of Yosemite Falls tomorrow. The crowds bothered me yesterday and we went to Hetch Hetchy today. I'm going to try to take some flower pictures on 140 too; it's very good right now.

April 01, 2009 08:28PM
March 30, 2009 11:12PM
eeek: I'm going to try to take some flower pictures on 140 too; it's very good right now.

I was on 140 about a week ago; it was fantastic! Poppies are everywhere smiling smiley

B
March 30, 2009 11:14PM
I should have taken a picture yesterday but the traffic had me too annoyed to play Ansel.

March 30, 2009 11:17PM
I was there in the middle of the week (which is when I usually go to Yosemite, too) I cheat when I am supposed to be doing business and take side trips. Flowers call for special attention

B
April 01, 2009 08:40PM
WOW -- It's HUGE!!!! I have not seen the falls so big..

B
April 01, 2009 09:15PM
Bee wrote:

> WOW -- It's HUGE!!!! I have not seen the falls so big..

I've seen it bigger. But it was brown and logs were coming down it.

April 01, 2009 09:23PM
eeek: >But it was brown and logs were coming down it.<

L-L-Logs??? Was this during one of the big flood years (94-96, I think)

B
April 01, 2009 09:30PM
Bee wrote:

> L-L-Logs??? Was this during one of the big flood years (94-96,
> I think)

No, it was a decade or so earlier and about this time of year. We were in the last group that made it out before the roads completely closed for three days. While driving by Bridalveil water was slapping at the floor boards of my Honda.

April 01, 2009 09:38PM
eeeek: >While driving by Bridalveil water was slapping at the floor boards of my Honda.<

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i was there in Feb, I stopped at a river marker that showed the Merced feet above me during one of the bad floods. I know that the river comes closest to the pavement near bridalveil

B
April 01, 2009 09:48PM
Wasn't that the flood from the pineapple storm that came through in January 1997?

Old Dude
April 01, 2009 09:55PM
mcondron: Wasn't that the flood from the pineapple storm that came through in January 1997?

penso di si (I think so); It was the 90's floods I was thinking of when eeek mentioned logs et al pour fourth from yosemite falls.

B

Post Edited (04-01-09 21:57)

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
April 01, 2009 10:55PM
A couple yippies were hiking by and one said,

"This is tight"

So there you are.

April 01, 2009 11:06PM
eeeek,

were you using a tripod for the YF pic? It feels like it has a slight lean to it (or my equalibrium could be off) Also, what lens dimensions did you use -- does not have any of that wide angle stretch to it.

Vince,

I, um, have a dial-up...soooo...Its gonna take 'til next week until I can view yer pic!

B
April 01, 2009 11:53PM
Bee wrote:

> eeeek,
>
> were you using a tripod for the YF pic? It feels like it has a
> slight lean to it (or my equalibrium could be off) Also, what
> lens dimensions did you use -- does not have any of that wide
> angle stretch to it.

I didn't use a tripod and had trouble getting the vertical right so it could be off a bit. Follow the link at the bottom of the picture to see the data.

April 01, 2009 11:56PM
eeek: I didn't use a tripod and had trouble getting the vertical right so it could be off a bit

Not that I am being critical (who me??) I was reaching a point where I could not tell if it was me or the pic winking smiley...thanx for the tip on stats

B
April 02, 2009 12:02AM
Bee wrote:

> eeek: I didn't use a tripod and had trouble getting the
> vertical right so it could be off a bit
>
> Not that I am being critical (who me??) I was reaching a point
> where I could not tell if it was me or the pic winking smiley...thanx for
> the tip on stats

Actually, going back to look at that one the trees appear to be vertical. So it's probably just an illusion in this case.

April 02, 2009 12:07AM
eeeek: >trees appear to be vertical.<

Thats why I finally asked; I lined up the trees with the edge of my screen and it seems to jive. I actually have a tiny level for my tripod.

B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login