Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Quotes about travel...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Quotes about travel...
May 02, 2016 09:40PM
Here are some of our favorite quotes about travel--which apply to hiking as well:

“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” from Ibn Battuta, the remarkable Arab who toured the known world 1200 years ago.

“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous

“The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – A great line that explains why large groups always travel slower, by Henry David Thoreau, who supposedly was roughing at Walden Pond. But his sister brought him fresh baked cookies every day...

“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca

“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien. And we've wandered many times, on our trips.

“It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville--which is just the excuse you need to get off-trail and explore a little bit.

And an all-time favorite from Mark Twain: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
July 30, 2021 02:40PM
too beautiful quotes
As for me this inspired me for a new trip to Germany smiling smiley
July 30, 2021 06:36PM
These are really interesting quotes. It's amazing that they are still relevant. I think I will use many of them when I go to Germany. I plan to travel by train. I hope to see such places as: Magdeburg water Bridge, Holstentor, Heidelberg Castle and Frauenkirche. I fell in love with these places from the photos, they seemed very attractive to me. I will also use this dbfahrplanauskunft service, which shows the schedule of all trains in Germany. I hope I will meet interesting people with whom I will continue to communicate in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2021 11:12AM by Releaseone.
August 02, 2021 01:47PM
“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien. This one fits our family the best. Actually our family travel motto is: " On the way to the Grand Canyon, we stopped off in Maine to see the fall colors." Not that we actually have done that since we have never been to Maine but the fact that we love to take long driving trips and have been known to go off our route if we see we are passing something interesting that is not directly on the way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login