All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Conditions at Tuolumne Mdws
June 28, 2005 09:12PM
I've noticed that the official NPS website for Yosemite indicates that the tentative opening date for the Tuolumne Meadows Campground is July 8. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of shape the campground might be in at that point. Will it be really muddy and sloppy with still some patches of snow around, or do you think it might be relatively dry by then? The picture of the Meadows that someone recently posted on this forum didn't have any snow, so that gave me hope that maybe the campground won't be a mess if we go up there in a couple weeks! (I've heard it can be quite sloppy early in the summer). Thanks for any info.
avatar Re: Conditions at Tuolumne Mdws
June 28, 2005 09:14PM
Brett wrote:

> I've noticed that the official NPS website for Yosemite
> indicates that the tentative opening date for the Tuolumne
> Meadows Campground is July 8. I'm wondering if anyone has any
> idea what kind of shape the campground might be in at that
> point.

It is wet in places and has piles of snow in other places. But most of the sites are dry with no mud.

Some of the pictures at http://yosemitecampsites.com/ were taking last Friday and may give you some idea of what it's like.

Re: Conditions at Tuolumne Mdws
June 29, 2005 10:15PM
Thanks for the info---that's good news. Do you have an idea how likely the campground is to open on the 8th? Could it possibly open earlier? (Most of our group was hoping to go up on Thursday the 7th if it's open by then).
avatar Re: Conditions at Tuolumne Mdws
June 30, 2005 11:48AM
I walked the entire campground on opening day. It should be open by the 8th from what I could see. Opening earlier is possible but probably won't happen since they've already given a date.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login