Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Park Service leaders break rules but skate by

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Park Service leaders break rules but skate by
June 08, 2016 12:10AM
Just before becoming superintendent of Mount Rainier National Park, Dave Uberuaga sold his home to the head of a concession company operating in the park for three times its assessed price and then repeatedly failed to disclose the deal. The Interior Department inspector general uncovered the wrongdoing by 2008. But instead of being demoted, Uberuaga was named superintendent of Grand Canyon National Park in 2011.

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060038401
avatar Re: Park Service leaders break rules but skate by
June 08, 2016 01:11PM
Wowza!

This is a must read article for anyone who is interested in the welfare of our National Parks.

Leave No Trace
June 08, 2016 06:09PM
It's strange that someone would believe that the actions of ONE person indicates that ALL that run our National Parks are corrupt.
June 12, 2016 12:06AM
Dave

It's strange that someone would believe that the actions of ONE person indicates that ALL that run our National Parks are corrupt.

Who stated that?

Note though that the article has a number of examples of DIFFERENT park superintendents (and other NPS officials) not acting in a manner that's in the best interest of the National Park Service. It's not only ONE individual.

Leave No Trace
June 12, 2016 07:43AM
plawrence
Dave

Who stated that?
You did.

Note though that the article has a number of examples of DIFFERENT park superintendents (and other NPS officials) not acting in a manner that's in the best interest of the National Park Service. It's not only ONE individual.
There, you said it again.
June 12, 2016 11:38PM
Dave
plawrence
Dave

Who stated that?
You did.

There, you said it again.

Sorry, but you really have a problem with reading comprehension. You're reading something into what I wrote that I never stated nor implied.

Leave No Trace
June 13, 2016 07:55AM
plawrence
Sorry, but you really have a problem with reading comprehension. You're reading something into what I wrote that I never stated nor implied.
You blatantly implied that all that run the Park Service are dishonest in some way.
June 13, 2016 11:10AM
Dave
plawrence

You blatantly implied that all that run the Park Service are dishonest in some way.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I did no such thing!

Your reading WAY TOO MUCH into what I wrote.

Rolling on floor laugh

Leave No Trace
June 13, 2016 05:20PM
I know you believe that, but I'm just going by your long history of attacking NPS employees at any chance you can.
June 14, 2016 04:34PM
The simple fact is that I don't believe what you think I believe. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the vast majority of NPS employees I've gotten to know, especially those that work in Yosemite.

That hasn't stopped me, though, from criticizing the NPS when I felt it was warranted. You just don't like ANYONE criticizing the NPS anytime for anything (unless it's you doing the criticizing).

Leave No Trace
October 31, 2016 05:06PM
No longer is this about "one individual".
https://goo.gl/IqTiB7
November 02, 2016 08:34AM
I ALWAYS THOUGHT THESE POSTS WERE ABOUT TWO INDIVIDUALS, PLAWRENCE AND DAVE, OR IS IT HILLARY AND TRUMP? OR IS IT DELAWARE AND ARAMARK, I REALLY HAVE TO LOOK INTO THE LINKS PROVIDED BY THE POSTERS, BEFORE I JOIN THE FIGHT, SORRY.
November 05, 2016 01:24PM
Yes, you should be informed before you leap in. Some here just like to attack the Park Service and complain about any thing they can dream up. I personally know some of the people and operations being unfairly attacked. I know the attacks are unwarranted. Is everyone that works for the Park Service a saint? No freeking way. We just lost our superintendent due to his "supervisory techniques." So, no, Park Service leaders do not get away with breaking the rules.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login