Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Glen Aulin Memorial Day

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 26, 2014 08:58PM
I spent the weekend camping at Glen Aulin and hiking down to Waterwheel Falls. Pics:

Tuolumne Meadows from Dome 8854 (just NW of Pothole):

Tuolumne Falls:

Conness Creek Valley:

White Cascade:

Cascade into Glen Aulin proper:

Pool at the top of California Falls:

California Falls:

Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne, from the top of Le Conte:

Le Conte had a pretty nice waterwheel going:

Le Conte Falls:

Waterwheel on Waterwheel Falls:

avatar Re: Glen Aulin Memorial Day
May 26, 2014 10:27PM
Cool photos!

It appears that the flow of water on the Tuolumne has risen quite a bit during the past two weeks.
Re: Glen Aulin Memorial Day
May 27, 2014 03:50AM
Very nice. Thanks for posting
May 27, 2014 04:21AM
Really nice shots! Thank you for taking the time to post.
May 27, 2014 09:21PM
Lovely, definitely seems like more water than when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Also this felt like the first warm weekend I can remember since Tioga opened. Seems like the weeks were hot, weekends cold until recently and the extra snow... Hm. Might be a nice walk down there... How were the mosquitos??
May 27, 2014 09:29PM
It was probably the warmth, plus last week's snow, that helped. Compare the snow in the top photo on Mt. Dana, taken Monday, with this one taken Saturday, the melt was noticeable:

There were a few mosquitoes, not many. Not enough to bother with bug dope. I'm sure that will change soon, though. Friday night I camped at Hodgdon Meadow, and the mosquitoes were coming out there.
May 27, 2014 09:50PM
Thanks for the comparo pic and the bug update. Grrr. I was really hoping the hot/cold would knock the little buggers out. Headnet, 3M Ultrathon cream and spray. Check. Check. Check. Benzocaine, Benadryl. Check. Check. Sigh.
May 27, 2014 10:55PM
JustKeepWalking

I was really hoping the hot/cold would knock the little buggers out.

It's hard freezes that kills them off. Any nights that dip into the mid-20's should do the trick. Once the nightly lows stop dipping into the 20's, then the skeeters will start to multiply rapidly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login