Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Buying IsoPro Fuel near Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Buying IsoPro Fuel near Yosemite
June 05, 2014 05:20AM
My group and I are flying from the Midwest out to San Francisco on June 15th, and then driving in to Yosemite for some backpacking. Since we can't fly with the IsoPro fuel we'll need for my MSR PocketRocket stove, we're trying to plan out where to buy our fuel on the way. I know there may be a chance of a Walmart carrying it, but as a backup, I'm trying to cover all bases. Is it true that the Village Store in Yose Valley might have the IsoPro canisters? Or even the store up in Tuolumne Meadows? We would also consider hitting a sports store on the drive in, except, we'll be driving late and those types of stores will likely be closed already.

For any help, or better suggestions I would be most thankful.

Mark
http://www.wildernesswanderings.net
avatar Re: Buying IsoPro Fuel near Yosemite
June 05, 2014 05:44AM
markwise
My group and I are flying from the Midwest out to San Francisco on June 15th, and then driving in to Yosemite for some backpacking. Since we can't fly with the IsoPro fuel we'll need for my MSR PocketRocket stove, we're trying to plan out where to buy our fuel on the way. I know there may be a chance of a Walmart carrying it, but as a backup, I'm trying to cover all bases. Is it true that the Village Store in Yose Valley might have the IsoPro canisters? Or even the store up in Tuolumne Meadows? We would also consider hitting a sports store on the drive in, except, we'll be driving late and those types of stores will likely be closed already.

For any help, or better suggestions I would be most thankful.

Mark
http://www.wildernesswanderings.net

The Walmart in Manteca is open 24hrs and carries ISOPRO fuel. It's right off highway 120 at the Main Street exit.

Old Dude
Re: Buying IsoPro Fuel near Yosemite
June 05, 2014 06:28AM
There are gear/mountaineering shops in Curry, Yosemite Village and Tuolumne Meadows down the street from the store (look for the gas pumps).
Re: Buying IsoPro Fuel near Yosemite
June 05, 2014 08:40AM
Thanks mrcondron and AlmostThere for such swift and helpful replies! I think it will be our first hope to hit Walmart, but if not at least I'll feel comfortable waiting til we are in Yosemite itself. Thanks again.
avatar Re: Buying IsoPro Fuel near Yosemite
June 05, 2014 12:07PM
Does it have to be IsoPro? I've got a Pocket Rocket myself, and I've used it with several Lindal valve canisters, including Brunton, Coleman, and SnowPeak.

Where are you flying into? Chains Sports Authority, Sports Chalet, and others should have something compatible. Maybe REI. I'm sure you'll find something that works in Yosemite Valley, but it may come at a premium price.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login