Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

October weekend

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October weekend
October 18, 2014 05:08PM
Spent Columbus Day weekend in Yosemite, mostly along Tioga Road, taking advantage of the last days before the road closes to overnight parking. Here are a few snapshots:

Spent the first night at the backpackers campground at Hetch-Hetchy. Took a short evening walk to the dam.

This snapshot is of the sculpture / display at Olmstead Point

Next night was at May Lake,

The reflections in the lake were lovely

Got a nice view of these two lakes on my hike to

Mathes, where I camped the third night

Middle Sunrise lake is another favorite of mine, so that is where I spent my last night

Just up from the lake I got this view of the famous rock

and back at the lake there was some nice Alpenglow to top off a great trip.
October 21, 2014 11:05AM
Wonderful! Thanks for the report. It certainly "feels" like fall in your photos, although I can't say why for sure. The season is winding down for the high country, always kinda bittersweet.
October 21, 2014 11:10AM
What a great time of year to visit the park! Thanks for sharing. Matthes Crest is one of my (many) favorites.
Re: October weekend
October 21, 2014 05:31PM
We haven't gotten our trip posted yet... busy busy, but we weren't far away...

But so glad to see yours! We had a very mellow trip Sat/Sun, but that wind Sunday morning! Wowza.

Not enough time visit all the favorites, so very happy to read this! Thanks!
October 22, 2014 06:27AM
If you haven't been... rec. following the outlet of Matthes ... there's a sweet little gorge like thingie.
Slept at Matthes on the 4th with the wifie... and we went up the outlet to the lake from
Sunrise Mtn after I got the "why are we going this way?" and "I want to be at the lake by 3pm
so I can read and relax" . sad smiley
Original route did not include the outlet so in a sense it was a win-win. Plus got to fart
around and hike up around the Crest. tongue sticking out smiley

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login