Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Back from Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 16, 2015 05:32PM
I meant to put this in the Hiking Forum, if someone can move it. (Done)

Was up around Tuolumne about a week and a half ago. Headed up the Lake Mildred outlet. Basically followed the outlet, but crossed it several times looking for the path of least resistance. Some cool cascades and views of Half Dome, Clouds Rest and Mount Hoffmann.

Headed over to Middle Sunrise Lake from just below Lake Mildred. Went over the ridge that is east of Upper Sunrise Lake. Then checked out some of the scenery east of Sunrise HSC.

That Saturday there was some heavy rain in the afternoon, but it only lasted a few hours.

Later that evening there were just a few drizzles near the beginning of the Mount Dana trail.

Sunday I went near Elizabeth Lake.

I headed up towards a pass that is east of the Elizabeth Lake Pass. Not sure if this pass has a name. Seems like it would be an interesting way to go to Nelson Lake. Here is a view of the pass from near Ragged Peak.

I was post holing knee deep near the top of the pass. I gave up where my whole leg went in. I kept some of my elevation, and headed to Elizabeth Lake Pass from there.

Explored the upper reaches of Tenaya Canyon on Monday for a view of Pywiak Cascade.

Finally made it to Ragged Peak Pass.

It rained a lot on Wednesday as I headed to Bishop. I backpacked in Bishop for a couple of days before heading home. I will put up another post on Bishop soon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 06:58PM by mrcondron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login