Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Nelson Lake questions

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Nelson Lake questions
July 14, 2015 12:06PM
Hello Folks!

This weekend I will be going out to Nelson Lake for the first time I had a few questions regarding the trip.

1) What are the chances of the TM BP site filling up Friday night? My permit is for Saturday so I will be leaving from San Diego after work sad smiley

2) Can't seem to find overnight parking near the Elizabeth Lake TH so would I just park at the TM Wilderness Office or Visitor Center?

Well that's all I can think of for now...

Greatly appreciate it!
Kevin
avatar Re: Nelson Lake questions
July 14, 2015 12:57PM
1) You'll likely be pitching a tent on any spare ground you can find around the backpackers camp - it will "fill up".

2) That's correct, I was told when I picked up my "Nelson Lake" permit for the Matthes trip that overnight parking at the Elizabeth Lake TH isn't allowed. Doesn't mean you won't see cars there that you reasonably suspect were, in fact, parked overnight...anyway, I was parked along the road just east of the Visitor Center, in part because I was looping back to the Cathedral TH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 12:58PM by ttilley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login