Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Missing Climber 11/8

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Missing Climber 11/8
November 19, 2015 02:39PM
Re: Missing Climber 11/8
November 22, 2015 03:45PM
Will Meyers has been updating Facebook. Here is his post from Saturday night, 11/21/15.

Dear Every Member of US 395 / Owens Valley,
The SAR crews have concluded their rescue mission. I have the overwhelmingly unbearable news to report that Michael did not make it out alive from the Meysan lake area.
We as a family are absolutely devastated. But we are also thankful that they did in fact find him, and knowing that we were able to recover him has begun our long process of closure.
Michael may have been an experienced hiker, but he was definitely unorthodox. He was always striving to go above and beyond, he always was. If he set a goal or was driven to do something, he would.
Mountain climbing gave him a rush from his physics work. In the end, we know he died doing what he loved, and according the SAR, painless too.
I would like to thank the members of US 395 / Owens Valley. I have no idea who any of you are, yet you treated and prayed for Michael like family, and the gratitude that must be expressed for that cannot be said in words.
We are shaken. We are tired. We have a long recovery ahead of us. We know Michael is in a better place, and we believe his spirit is still with us. I like to believe that he will watch over anyone visiting the area from here on out.
Love you Michael, you're here in spirit, and someday after a good long life, I will see you again.
Thank You, Everyone. God Bless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login