Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Last Minute Trip to the Valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Last Minute Trip to the Valley
February 11, 2016 02:29PM
I am considering a last minute trip to Yosemite for this weekend (Feb 13th weekend), and I see the Yosemite News site says that the Four Mile Trail is closed. Does anyone know if this is actually the case? I was there a month ago and hiked up the 4 Mile Trail and then around the Panorama Trail and was hoping I might be able to repeat that hike as it was so beautiful.

If the trail is closed, has anyone hiked up the trail to the top of Yosemite Falls recently? I also hiked that one and I was surprised at how dry it was when I was there. (There was plenty of snow at the top, but the trail was very easy to hike - with great footing the whole way up.)

Thanks!!

Hikerneil
Re: Last Minute Trip to the Valley
February 11, 2016 02:56PM
Yes, the Four Mile Trail is closed. Whether or not it is safely passable is a separate question, but as the saying goes, if you have to ask, it's not--there are a few potentially dangerous sections near the top. Was it closed when you did it a month ago?

A month or so ago we went down the Yosemite Falls trail and it was slippery from about the base of the upper falls to the top, but my hunch is that by now you should be able to get to the top with maybe only a few icy spots. There will probably be snow right at the top where the trail enters the forest. I'd carry traction devices (Kathoolas, Yak trax, etc.) just in case.
Re: Last Minute Trip to the Valley
February 11, 2016 04:21PM
No, it was not closed when I was up there. I was there before the recent big storms.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login