Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Idea?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Trip Idea?
April 04, 2016 03:08PM
Hey Folks!

Hope all is going well!
Was just at Wawona this past weekend around the Chilnuana falls and loved it! Was considering going up it again this weekend and do a loop towards Alder Creek. Has anyone done this before? Does Mosquito creek really have mosquitoes!?

Taking a friend who has never been backpacking so I'm hoping it's nice! If that doesn't work, I was considering either Chain Lakes (SW yose) or Kibbie? Was around Hetchy Saturday and didn't really see any snow (but saw tons of bears) so I'm thinking Kibbie should be doable now.

Thanks!
Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 03:12PM by KevinD.
Re: Trip Idea?
April 04, 2016 04:42PM
We did Alder Creek 3 weekends ago. There was 90% snow coverage from the Deer Camp road/trail to just past Alder Creek Falls--but the falls were going quite nicely!

As for Kibbie, keep in mind that you have to park at Cherry Dam until April 15. Two weeks ago we encountered very little snow from the dam to Eleanor to Miguel Meadows and out--but it looked like there could still be snow closer to Kibbie.
April 08, 2016 03:35PM
Turner Meadow is ... what 7400 and you go way above that if you hike the north leg ..
(the south leg you would have to cross the creek twice... )
Anywho... first time... I would highly rec. taking to top o Chilnualna... and that's about it.
From there you can explore up creek and have fun... (there is a lot of great stuff
that-a-away)
If you stay on trail... it's a steep climb to Turner.

A couple years ago ... peeps were expecting to go to BV lake... and they got
stymied before the jct. b/c they didn't even have microspikes.
If high... you will still want snowshoes..

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Trip Idea?
April 12, 2016 10:04PM
Thanks for the insights! Will most likely do this route instead. Just gotta recover from pneumonia first White flag

-Kevin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login